Competition:
Write an Aid Memoir. Writing will be based on how well you write, along with how well you understand the exercise.
Deadline:
March 31st, 2008.
Rules:
By submitting your writing, you are agreeing to the terms and use of this website.
Happy writing!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I smelled bacon and opened my eyes. It was light already. I sat up and stretched for a minute or two before stepping out of bed. The floor was cold; I put on slippers. I walked toward the kitchen, where she was finishing up a batch for breakfast. She told me waffles were coming, too, but didn’t smile or look up. I nodded, to myself. The first waffle started to ooze out the side of the waffle iron. I walked closer, and picked up a piece of bacon with thumb & index finger. Something about ruined appetites was muttered under her breath. My neck stiffened while I chewed. I took a few steps to go around to the other side of the kitchen island, and twisted the knob for the front right burner. The sparks clicked four times before the gas ignited. I moved the kettle over the flame and leaned over to smell her hair. My nose brushed against it, and felt its moisture. Inhalation brought coconuts and smoke from the bacon. I spun her around and kissed her. She broke away first, but I caught a glimpse of her grinning. She tasted like salt. I smiled back.
Post a Comment